For my first blog of the new year I thought I would remind myself of what I have learnt in my twenty-five years of life so far.
- Your parents are pretty cool
- They’re also usually right.
- Despite your early experiences, female friendships are so important and worth it.
- The people who matter, make an effort.
- If you don’t want to go out, don’t. I promise you won’t miss anything.
- Don’t answer the phone to people who only call you after midnight.
- Not every romantic interest has to turn into a relationship.
- You are not going to marry your high school boyfriend and that is a great thing
- Your partner shouldn’t be your ‘other half’, they should be your partner. You are a perfectly complete human on your own.
- No one can read your mind so don’t expect them to.
- It’s okay to quit sometimes.
- You are not going to always be naturally good at everything you try. It’s possible to enjoy something you’re not amazing at
- Gossiping is like binge eating. It feels good at the time but then you just feel a bit crappy afterwards.
- If you don’t love your body as it is, those five kilos aren’t going to change how you feel about yourself.
- Treasure the time you have with your family.
- You will never regret spending money on travel.
- You can’t be trusted to buy white t-shirts.
- Don’t take everything so personally. How someone treats you is more a reflection of them than it is about you.
- Your face looks scary when you don’t smile.
- Sometimes things don’t work out the way you hoped. Sometimes, they work out even better.
- Never put food that needs to be eaten soon, at the back of the fridge.
- Always change the toilet roll straight away.
- Do yoga and meditate, it makes you a nicer person.
- Never post blogs when you’re tired or you will write the same thing twice.
- No one else takes you as seriously as you do.
Thank you to everyone who played a part in my 2017. It was a year of hard decisions and big changes but I can honestly say that I feel like I am exactly where I am supposed to be and that wouldn’t have happened without the support of some amazing humans.
Peace and love!